Thursday, March 29, 2012

Doing life with these kids... is never boring!

So, yesterday afternoon I decided to follow a few of our kids as we left school. We are laughing and walking along and out of nowhere they tell me they are going to take me to see... a monkey!



Now, let me remind you, I am from Texas. The land of horses and cows. In Texas, we don't see monkeys, and we certainly don't see them on a casual walk through the neighborhood. I'm thinking to myself "how funny is this situation?!" I go along with the kids and what do we find? Sure enough, a monkey!

I'm not going to lie, this little thing was intimidating to me! The kids were touching it on it's back, on it's tail, they had no fear. Me on the other hand? I did good just to shake it's hand and take a few photos! Meanwhile the kids and I are all laughing the entire time! The following day at school the kids tell one of their teachers that "Aunt Courtney came to see the monkey and she was fearing it!!" The teacher thought they were telling a lie, so she came and got me. And... I confirmed that the story the kids were telling her... yes, it was true! I even had to show her pictures of the monkey to get her to believe our story!


Here is the photo I snapped of our kids with this monkey!The lesson I learned? Life with these kids is never boring!


Courtney Wrinkle


Vision of Destiny Volunteer

No comments:

Post a Comment