Saturday, April 21, 2012

End of year trip!

On the bus getting ready to go!
 At Vision of Destiny we use a pretty simple discipline system.  It involves a chart with 3 colors, green, yellow, and red.  On Monday every student starts off in green.  After a warning, if a child disobeys a teacher, is talking in class, or doing other disruptive behavior then they move to yellow.  If they continue the disruptive behavior they move to red and it starts over at the beginning of every week.

At the end of the term, those children who have consistently stayed in the green color are rewarded with a trip.  And this term the trip involved getting on a bus, going to the playground, and eating ice cream.

Jumping on the trampoline!
This was my first trip I had made with the students outside of school (maybe Aunt Cari agreed I had stayed in green color all term and allowed me to go - just kidding!), but it was neat to see them enjoy themselves and have some fun!  Even our teachers enjoyed playing with them, as one of the teachers told me while we were watching them play, "these kids are very happy!"  I asked Uncle David how many of these children had ever had ice cream before and he said that for most of them this was their first taste of ice cream.  I was humbled by how well our kids behaved and acted in a public and it was a treat for me to jump and play with them!

I hope you enjoy these photos that I took of our journey!

In Christ,
Courtney Wrinkle
2012 VOD Volunteer




Lined up to eat ice cream!

Uncle Jonah handing out the ice cream to the kids!

Prossy enjoying ice cream!


Playing on the slide!

No comments:

Post a Comment